New Xbox One Experience Releases This November, Coming Soon for Preview Members
Microsoft announced today that "The New Xbox One Experience", a massive system overhaul featuring a completely redesigned Home, fast access to a brand new guide, new Community section, revamped OneGuide, Xbox 360 backwards compatibility and more, will be launching this November for the general public and over the next couple of weeks for preview members.
Here’s a look at some of the most impactful updates you will see in November:
- Play your Xbox 360 games on Xbox One. At launch you’ll be able to play over 100 Xbox 360 games on Xbox One with hundreds more in the months to come. This includes the added benefit of Xbox One features including screenshots, streaming, and game DVR – for your favorite Xbox 360 games. You can even play multiplayer with friends still using their Xbox 360.
- A new Guide lets you quickly access essentials with just one button press to save time spent weaving in and out of apps. You can access the Guide from Home by pressing left or double tap the Xbox button on your controller to instantly overlay the Guide. You can access Friends, quickly start a Party, get to Settings, see System Notifications, view your Messages, and more from Home or without leaving your game. These are the top tasks Xbox fans do most often, so we focused on making them faster and easier to get to without disrupting your game.
- We’re redesigning Home to make it faster and easier to get to the things you love. We’re introducing a faster and easier interface to provide access to games and apps you’ve recently used. At launch you’ll be able to more easily share your achievements and game clips with the Xbox Live community, see whether your friends are playing the same games and get one-click access to Game Hubs to get news and updates directly from the developers and community themselves.
- We’re introducing a new Community section to make Xbox One more social. Based on your feedback, this section is optimized to help you tap into what other gamers are doing on Xbox Live and directly contribute to the conversation happening within the Xbox Live community. Check out what your friends are up to or keep track of the games you follow in the redesigned Activity Feed. Explore the new Trending section to view the most popular posts from players on Xbox Live.
- The revamped OneGuide will be your single destination for TV, movies and video apps. From OneGuide, you can see a list of current trending live TV shows with the most viewers at that moment on Xbox. TV listings will now come up instantly and in full-screen, and we’ve added a picture-in-picture mode for TV so you can browse for other things to watch without missing what’s happening in your show. We’ll highlight a selection of the most exciting new movies, TV shows and deals from across the apps on Xbox One and the new App Channels area will show you the latest movies, TV shows and videos highlighted by the apps you care about.
- We’re optimizing Store to help you quickly find the content you want.
To the right of OneGuide, you’ll find the new and improved Store with
features including four easy to explore areas – Games, Movies & TV,
Apps, and Music – and a new vertical gallery view to bring more listings
at a glance. Browse through intuitive categories like Staff Picks, New
Releases, Top played, Top rated, Coming Soon and Recommendations to
discover new games, apps, and entertainment for your Xbox One.
How To Opt-In To The New Xbox One Experience Preview
- If you’re a Preview member, you’ll get an invitation sent to you in an Xbox Live message.
- From the invitation, launch the Xbox Preview Dashboard and select the registration option.
- You can then opt-in by selecting “Preview – New Xbox One Experience.”
- If you don’t want to participate in this preview update, you will
continue to receive “regular” Preview Program updates going forward. It
will not remove you from the Xbox Preview Program altogether.
- Over the next several weeks, new builds will regularly roll out to
those who opt in, and our engineering team will work to improve the
features and fix any bugs they identify during the preview testing.
Microsoft will release the New Xbox One Experience to all Preview members in
waves following the initial opt in period so hang tight if you aren’t in
the first few groups to get access.
It’s a big update week for Xbox One and PC gamers who are part of the Xbox and Windows Insider Programs. Starting later this week, these gamers will see and experience new...
Beam Streaming, Increased Performance, And Fan-Requested Features Are Coming To Xbox One And Windows
Mike Ybarra, Head of Platform Engineering for Xbox announced a number of new features coming to Xbox One and Windows 10.2017 is going to be a monumental year for...
Microsoft has introduced two more color options for the Xbox Wireless Controller, giving Xbox fans even more choice to game how they want.The first new controller is...