Dice have release a recent news post detailing all the things they are looking at for the next May patch. the action list is as follows:
- Operations added to the servcer browser
- New free dust night, Nivelle nights released
- Tweaks of player movement
- Tweaks of vehicle movements
- Adjustment to the suppression system
- Adjustment to melee mechanics
- Adjustment to gadgets mechanics
- Adjustment to game mechanics which includes flag locations, burn radius, ticket system and dynamic weather
- Adjustment in HUD
- Adjustment of the kill screen, deploy and final loop
here is my take on the proposed changes and what i've read may actually be happening:
- Operations added to the servcer browser: I don’t play a lot of operations but I’m sure those who do will appreciate this being added to the browser as I know the match making often doesn’t work and would put players into empty games which is annoying
- New free dust night, Nivelle nights released: Free maps. Can’t complain about that! From what I’ve seen this Nivelle Nights looks very nice visually as well as being an infantry focused map is pretty exciting. The dusk setting looks pretty cool too.
- Tweaks of player movement: improvements with interaction with obstacles, improved vaulting and climbing movements.
- Tweaks of vehicle movements: vehicle physics changes to improve movement as well as tweak the way they react to obstacles.
- Adjustment to the suppression system: rumours are that suppression will finally be only for support weapons or maybe even removed all together. Rejoice!
- Adjustment to melee mechanics: the entire system is under review.
- Adjustment to gadgets mechanics: ?
- Adjustment to game mechanics which includes flag locations, burn radius, ticket system and dynamic weather: I hope they bring back the old Battlefield ticket bleed system. There was nothing wrong with it so don’t know why they changed it in the first place. Less weather effects, yes please!
- Adjustment in HUD: ?
- Adjustment of the kill screen, deploy and final loop: they might actually be doing away with the new spawn system. Yes it looks cool at first but I think everyone would agree it doesn’t work. I didn’t think this would be something they’d change but apparently it’s on the list for review. Joy
what do you guys think of these proposed changes and what else would you like to see done?
Last edited by aekOne on Thu May 04, 2017 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total